Display 384606 2098815239838 2116199014 n 450x337
by Bianca D'Agostino

4 Halloween Costumes for $15 and Under

By Bianca D'Agostino - Oct 17 2015

Halloween at college is something that I have personally been really looking forward to, as I'm sure all of you are as well! The only thing scarier than Halloween itself is the lack of money in our bank accounts, so here are 4 costumes that wont break the bank. PS:  A LOT of these items can be found at Walmart and dollar stores, so I've included links to make it easy for you to locate where you can get these costume materials. 

1. The "Total Frat Guy" at $14.75

This first costume is a very simple yet classic college costume. To make a #TFM (Total Frat Move) you first have to get your hands on these inexpensive items:

Use your own or borrow a friends button down, long gym shorts ($7.99), a baseball cap ($5.99) and a cheap pair of shades ($0.77). Put that all together and your final product should look something like this: 

2. Jim and Pam at $14.10 and $13.26 

The classic relationship from hit TV show "The Office" was obviously Jim Halpert and Pam Beasley (don't deny it). This is a great couples costume, and even better since it's so simple! For the Pam look, you'll need the following: 

A black tee ($6.75), black shorts or skirt ($3.29), and a cat ears ($4.10)  Once you get dressed, put on some face paint and make cat whiskers and nose to emulate Pam's Halloween costume.

Here's what your goal is! 

For Jim, you'll need these basic items:

A white collared shirt ($5.00), a messenger bag ($5.77), and black construction paper ($2.49). Once you've acquired these items, cut out three circles and tape them onto your shirt to perfectly match Jim's "creative" costume. 

3. Gumball Machine at $10.88

Are you crafty? For this you'll need some super skills and some patience, but this costume is a super fun DIY! To achieve the above look, you'll need the following: 

A bag of rainbow pom-poms ($5.89), a hot glue gun ($2.99), a plain white tank ($2.00). Felt ($4.94) and fabric markers ($1.61) are optional, but for just a few extra dollars you'd spend a total = $17.43--it's worth it!

First, you'll need to glue on all the rainbow pom-poms onto your t-shirt to resemble the gum balls. Then, if you have an old skirt, glue on some felt and right .25 Cents on the felt to make it like the body of the machine. This playful and sweet costume is bound to get some great compliments! Here's a quick guide on how to assemble this sweet costume: 

4. Brawny Guy at $4.47

This is a great costume for guys--all you'll need is your favorite flannel and one roll of Brawny (you can either get one single roll, or splurge and get three just--save the other two rolls for your dorm! ($4.47)! You'll be super comfortable and excited that you only spent a few bucks for one of the most clever costumes of the night. 

Lead Image Credit:

Bianca D'Agostino - University of Connecticut

Bianca is a freshman at the University of Connecticut majoring in business and minoring in communications and international business. She political articles and loves to be involved on her campus. Bianca loves to read, run, knit and craft. You can follow her on Instagram @biancadag!