Display freshu
by Angelika Menendez

Zach Thomas Recieves a Huge Honor from Texas Tech

By Angelika Menendez - Aug 20 2016

Being inducted into the Texas Tech Ring of Honor is a special opportunity reserved for the best. This is why on Aug 18, SB Nation reported that Zach Thomas became the fifth person to be inducted. Earlier that morning the official Texas Tech football twitter also tweeted out the announcement.

Thomas will join Donny Anderson, Gabe Rivera, E.J. Holub and Dave Parks as one of the men who have received this honor. According to Dallas News, Thomas led the team to three bowl games and is the fifth best tackler the team has ever had. During his senior year he made 131 tackles out of 390 for the entire season, which is about 33%.

In a recent press release Tech Athletic Director Kirby Hocutt said

"Zach Thomas remains one of, if not the best, linebackers in Texas Tech history."

Dallas News also stated that after graduating from Texas Tech Thomas joined the Dolphins in the National Football League (NFL). He played in the NFL until the end of the 2008 season when he ended his 13th year playing. Thomas says he credits Texas Tech for all his success, not just in college, but in the NFL as well.

If you want to see Thomas inducted, he will be inducted on Oct. 22 before the game against the Red Raiders. This will be taking place in the AT&T Stadium at Lubbock.

Lead Image: Twitter via @TexasTechFB

Angelika Menendez - Fordham University

Angelika Menendez is a freshman at Fordham University. She is majoring in communications and minoring in theater. She hopes to end up on Broadway some day! Follow her on Twitter @angelikamariem