Display 9626827618 c5d0c9ae36 o
by Angelika Menendez

Wake Forest Expands Liquor Sales In Its Stadium

By Angelika Menendez - Aug 13 2016

For many people nothing goes better with football than a nice drink in their hand. This is why, according to the Albuquerque Journal, on Aug. 11, Wake Forest decided to expand their beer and wine sales for their home football and basketball games. Along with this expansion, they have added new policies to their sales.

Athletic director, Ron Wellman, said that part of the factor of expanding is due to the multitude of positive reviews the school received when the Top Hat Tavern opened in 2014. Along with this, Wake Forest met with other universities who had similar policies, so they would know how to handle the expansion and different situations that could take place.

As for security, Wake Forest is requiring that any student who wants to purchase alcohol must have a wristband that will be given to them at the game. Before this expansion, the school only sold alcohol in select areas at the BB&T Center, but now they will be selling it all throughout the stadium. 

The university's expansion is beginning with the stadium, but they hope to also begin to sell at soccer games. The Washington Times says that this expansion will begin for the fall 2016 season. Students can now start enjoying football games with a beer in their hand that they bought inside the stadium.

Lead Image Credit: Mr. Jincks via Flickr Creative Commons

Angelika Menendez - Fordham University

Angelika Menendez is a freshman at Fordham University. She is majoring in communications and minoring in theater. She hopes to end up on Broadway some day! Follow her on Twitter @angelikamariem