Display 2384171959 8849665d7c b
by Angelika Menendez

The Top 16 Fastest Players in the NCAA

By Angelika Menendez - Jul 02 2016

College football is always extremely competitive, and it is important to be fast. Speed is so valuable to teams that on June 29 the NFL’s College Football 24/7's "16 for '16" series came out with a list of the top 16 fastest players in the NCAA. The list includes players from all over the country, and the top two are so fast they’re competing in The Olympic Trials.

Leading the list is the University of Oregon’s wide receiver Devon Allen. After recovering from a knee injury he received last fall, College Football 24/7 states that he is going to be competing in the 110-meter hurdles event on July 9. If he qualifies past this round then he will be going on to the summer Olympics in Rio. Second on the list is University of South California’s cornerback Adoree’ Jackson. He is a two time All-American in track, and the NFL says he will be competing in the long jump at the U.S. Olympic Trails.

All the athletes on this list deserve a congratulations for being top at what they do. They are huge assets to their teams and the fastest. Along with this, luck is wished for the top two competing in the trials. May all these players succeed in their future endeavors in both track and football. Check out the full list here

Lead Image: Flickr Creative Commons via Byramon

Angelika Menendez - Fordham University

Angelika Menendez is a freshman at Fordham University. She is majoring in communications and minoring in theater. She hopes to end up on Broadway some day! Follow her on Twitter @angelikamariem