Display 7823432504 87f2d4a00a h
by Angelika Menendez

Pride Rock Takes Over The Michigan Training Room

By Angelika Menendez - Jul 01 2016

One of the best known scenes in any Disney movie is when Rafiki lifts Simba on Pride Rock to announce his birth to the rest of the animal kingdom. According to ESPN on June 29, the Michigan Wolverine team decided to reenact this scene in their training room.

Quarterback John’O Korn tweeted out the video on June 29 to show how the team had fun during offseason. Offensive lineman Kyle Kalis took on the role of Rafiki and lifted athletic trainer Adam Olszewski, who played the part of Simba. Other players who were spread across the floor in the video are offensive linemen Mason Cole, Nolan Ulizio and Jon Runyan Jr.

The team plays their first game of the season on Sep.3 against the University of Hawaii. Seems like they’re enjoying their downtime before things get intense for the 2016-17 season. After all, their head football coach Jim Harbaugh is a fan of The Lion King, quoting the movie in a press conference on Oct. 12, 2015.

Lead Image: Flickr Creative Commons via Hector Parayuelos

Angelika Menendez - Fordham University

Angelika Menendez is a freshman at Fordham University. She is majoring in communications and minoring in theater. She hopes to end up on Broadway some day! Follow her on Twitter @angelikamariem