Display 15857687748 27ea9dc994 o
by Angelika Menendez

Penn State Assistant Coaches Back for Another Two Years

By Angelika Menendez - Jun 25 2016

With Penn State University’s opening football game against Kent State coming up on Sept. 3, on June 23 Black Shoe Diaries reported that all the Penn State assistant coaches have decided to come back to the team and sign a guaranteed 2 year contract.

In a recent interview at a media lunch in Times Leader report that head coach James Franklin said:

"All of the assistants, their first contracts just ran out. And they all just signed multiple-year, guaranteed contracts. All the strength coaches did. All the administrators. Everybody."

At the lunch, Franklin also said  that this is “. . .really good from a stability standpoint." Along with the assistant coaches that are signing on, Franklin also hired three new coaches. Joe Moorhead is going to be the new offensive coordinator this season, Matt Limegrover will be the new offensive line and linebacker coach Brent Pry is going to be the new defensive coordinator.

We know that the coaches plan to take this seriously, according to Times Leader they all moved to Pennsylvania and bought houses with their families. Who knows what the season will bring with the coaching staff for the 2017 season? Seems like we’ll find out the outcome of how the staff worked in September when the season begins. 

Lead Image: Flickr Creative Commons via Penn State

Angelika Menendez - Fordham University

Angelika Menendez is a freshman at Fordham University. She is majoring in communications and minoring in theater. She hopes to end up on Broadway some day! Follow her on Twitter @angelikamariem