by Angelika Menendez

Northwestern Debuts New Practice Field

By Angelika Menendez - Aug 13 2016

This season Northwestern is making many changes to their athletic facilities to improve them. The first place that felt a change is the new practice field the Wildcats showed off on Twitter on Aug. 9. According to ESPN, Northwestern created a "picturesque" practice field and began to show it off on Twitter as one of their improvements for the season.

According to the Northwestern official football twitter, the team had their first practice for Cats Camp on the Hutcheson Field on Aug. 9 and have been practicing their since. This new facility comes, not just with a new field, but with a view of the Chicago skyline. Along with the pictures, the team also tweeted out a video of their second day of practice on the field.

Last season Chicago's big ten team ended in second place in the Big Ten West and ended with a 10-3 season. With this new field and the new facilities to come the team hopes to keep this record going and better themselves for the upcoming fall season.

Lead Image: Twitter via NUFBfamily

Angelika Menendez - Fordham University

Angelika Menendez is a freshman at Fordham University. She is majoring in communications and minoring in theater. She hopes to end up on Broadway some day! Follow her on Twitter @angelikamariem