Display frteshu
by Angelika Menendez

The NCAA Is Facing Concussion Lawsuits

By Angelika Menendez - Jul 14 2016

Concussions are a constant concern when it comes to any sport, especially with college football. According to Insurance Journal on July 11, former college football players from Stanford, Boston College, North Carolina, and other known schools filed concussion lawsuits against the NCAA. So far 15 lawsuits have been filed, but Insurance Journals believes there will be many more to follow.

ESPN said that the players are filing because their concussions were mishandled multiple times, which could have led to damaging results. Many colleges are named in the lawsuit, including Penn State and Vanderbilt.

The Insurance Journal said that attorney Jay Edelson Is handling these lawsuits. As time passes by the public and many fans will begin to see the result of these lawsuits. As many as 50 lawsuits are expected to pile in soon.

Lead Image: Flickr Creative Commons via David Smith

Angelika Menendez - Fordham University

Angelika Menendez is a freshman at Fordham University. She is majoring in communications and minoring in theater. She hopes to end up on Broadway some day! Follow her on Twitter @angelikamariem