Display ring
by Angelika Menendez

Florida State Creates A 'State Championship' Ring For Themselves

By Angelika Menendez - Jun 26 2016

Although Florida State University did not make it to play for the national championship title this year, losing their three year streak, the team made up for it. According to College Spun, on June 23 quarterback Stephen Gabbard tweeted out the first photo of the school’s state championship ring for the 2015 season.

Although the team also lost in the Peach Bowl to Houston, CBS Sports reports they still held a 3-0 streak against Florida schools, which is why they created the state championship ring. Tallahassee Democrat describes the ring by saying they are personalized with last names, the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl on the left side and scores for both games on the right side. The rings are also filled with bling and have an outline of Florida in the middle to represent their home state. Tallahassee Democrat says it was their way to, “…celebrate their 10-win season.”

Florida State University plays the University of South Florida, University of Miami and University of Florida on September 24, October 8 and November 26 respectively. These games will show whether or not Florida will prove worthy of another ring in the 2016-17 season. Maybe they’ll end up with a national ring this time, or if not, make another state championship ring for themselves.  

Lead Image Credit: Stephen Gabbard via Twitter

Angelika Menendez - Fordham University

Angelika Menendez is a freshman at Fordham University. She is majoring in communications and minoring in theater. She hopes to end up on Broadway some day! Follow her on Twitter @angelikamariem