Display freshu1
by Angelika Menendez

Duke's Youth Basketball Campers Make Their 2017 Championship Prediction

By Angelika Menendez - Jun 25 2016

Nowadays, Duke fans start up from a young age. According to College Spun, on June 21, Duke’s basketball Instagram, dukeblueplanet, posted a photo of a sign made by the youth basketball campers. 

@dukeblueplanet via Instagram

The caption on the photo read:

"It's a sign. S/o to the Duke basketball campers that made this nice looking banner #inspired"

On Duke Basketball Camp’s website, head coach Mike Krzyzewski said “that the Duke Basketball Camp should be a learning experience and that it should be fun.” The kids spend a week in camp learning from the best and playing on different gymnasiums on the Duke campus, including the infamous Cameron Indoor Stadium.

According to College Spun, the sign is already hanging in the Cameron Indoor Stadium, which is ranked 4th by Sports Illustrated as the top sports venue in the world. These kids, like any Blue Devil fans, believe that Duke is going to win the 2017 basketball championship. Once basketball season starts we’ll find out if the children’s prediction was right.

Lead Image: Duke Basketball via Instagram

Angelika Menendez - Fordham University

Angelika Menendez is a freshman at Fordham University. She is majoring in communications and minoring in theater. She hopes to end up on Broadway some day! Follow her on Twitter @angelikamariem