Display rsz 1freshu
by Angelika Menendez

College Football Coaches Are Making an Effort to Help Teams in West Virginia

By Angelika Menendez - Jul 14 2016

According to Smoking Musket in an article they published on July 10 , Alabama head coach Nick Saban, Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher are going to West Virginia to help out local football teams that have been affected by flooding. The flood occurred on June 23 and one football program that was deeply affected was the Clay High School football team.

Both coaches reached out to other local coaches to help collect uniforms for the teams. Along with this, Florida State offensive line coach Rick Trickett came and joined the others efforts to help. According to The Florida Times Union the affected schools are accepting any donations from helmets to cleats. Both Florida State and the University of Alabama will be accepting donation through July 25. To get others to join in the efforts Fisher published a letter on Twitter.

These teams are in desperate need of size smalls and mediums specifically. To help make a difference simply ship your donation to one of the schools, and they will send it to West Virginia!

Lead Image: Alabama Football via Twitter

Angelika Menendez - Fordham University

Angelika Menendez is a freshman at Fordham University. She is majoring in communications and minoring in theater. She hopes to end up on Broadway some day! Follow her on Twitter @angelikamariem