Display freshu
by Angelika Menendez

Big Change 'Brewing' For Oregon State

By Angelika Menendez - Jul 31 2016

Typically, many sports fans love to sit down and watch a game with a beer in their hand. While this is popular, recently Oregon State’s football team has not been. This is why, according to Fox Sports, on July 27 Oregon State decided to open up a beer garden inside the Reser Stadium.

The school made this announcement on Wednesday and stated that the 13,000-square foot area will showcase selections from Oregon's renowned breweries, wineries and kitchens. By using suppliers from Oregon, the school is showing support toward local businesses and helping them out.

The garden is set to open on Sept 17 when the Beavers play against Idaho State. The area will seat 600 eager fans, so those interested must get their tickets fast. Interest does seem to be brewing for the beer garden, and even AD Todd Stansbury supports the move!

It's a perfect addition to have world renowned leaders in these industries right here on campus and in this state add to our game-day experience." - Todd Stansbury

Lead Image: Flickr Creative Commons via osubeaver2000

Angelika Menendez - Fordham University

Angelika Menendez is a freshman at Fordham University. She is majoring in communications and minoring in theater. She hopes to end up on Broadway some day! Follow her on Twitter @angelikamariem