Display ok
by Angelika Menendez

An Unexpected Death Hits the Oklahoma State Cowboys

By Angelika Menendez - Jul 24 2016

The Oklahoma State Cowboys suffered a tragedy on Thursday night as they had to put one of their players to rest. According to Fansided on July 21, 21 year old player Tyrek Coger passed away.

The article claims that after an intense workout Coger passed out and was taken to Stillwater Medical Center where he passed away at 6:23 P.M. Before the workout, the player had also passed out from heat stroke on the stairs of the Boone Pickens Stadium.

Many were shocked to hear the news, including first-year basketball coach Brad Underwood who said

“Tyrek was so excited to be at Oklahoma State and had such a passion for the game…” -Underwood

Our hearts and prayers go out to Coger’s teammates, friends and family. This must be a hard time for them all as they adjust to their recent loss. Coger was a determined player who will always be remembered.

Lead Image Credit: OakleyOriginals via Flickr Creative Commons

Angelika Menendez - Fordham University

Angelika Menendez is a freshman at Fordham University. She is majoring in communications and minoring in theater. She hopes to end up on Broadway some day! Follow her on Twitter @angelikamariem