Display bwayworldcom
by Angela Tricarico

10 Broadway Christmas Songs To Get You In The Holiday Spirit

By Angela Tricarico - Dec 12 2015

1. Christmas is My Favorite Time Of Year - Catch Me If You Can

This song, from Broadway's Catch Me If You Can, is the somewhat-somber act one finale, but it still features Broadway vet Norbert Leo Butz and everyone's Broadway boyfriend Aaron Tveit. 

2. Joy To The World - The Broadway Cast of Hamilton

Every year, Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids releases a Christmas album, Carols For A Cure. This year, led by Leslie Odom, Jr., the Hamilton Cast contributed with a soulful orchestration of the classic song. 

3. Baby, It's Cold Outside - Laura Osnes and Christopher Rice

In this video, Broadway's resident princess Laura Osnes, and The Book Of Mormon's #tappy swing, Chris Rice team up to turn a classic Christmas duet into a tap dance reminiscent of the huge dance numbers of Hollywood's Golden Age. 

4. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays - Chris McCarrell 

In an excerpt from his concert, "Christmas Carols with Chris McCarrell", Broadway's goofiest Marius took a spin at a boyband Christmas classic. 

5. I Saw Three Ships - The Broadway Cast of Les Miserables

I Saw Three Ships is another BC/EFA benefit song, but it takes a classic song and creates a fusion with the melodic themes and notable songs from Les Mis. 

6. Christmas Bells - RENT

RENT is a classic musical, featuring this song about Christmas. 

7. My Favorite Things - The Sound of Music 

I've seen this song categorized as a Christmas song before, and personally I think it works! Plus, it's Julie Andrews. You can't go wrong. 

8. Christmas Medley - Jersey Boys

This medley of Christmas staples is done in proper Jersey Boys style by the cast of the musical. 

9. Baby, It's Cold Outside - Wesley Taylor and Gideon Glick 

Wes Taylor, from The Addams Family, and Gideon Glick, from the original cast of Spring Awakening, team up for a hysterical duet of this song. I know it's already on the list, but Wes and Gideon's version of the song is funny, and they totally get the song in a way most people don't. 

10. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Ben Fankhauser 

This is my favorite Christmas cover of all time. Not only does Ben Fankhauser, the original Davey in Newsies, riff his way through a key change, he also plays a melodica solo halfway through the song. It doesn't get better than this. 

Angela Tricarico - University of New Haven

Angela Tricarico is a freshman at the University of New Haven majoring in communication and minoring in sports management. She loves writing, musical theater, and coffee. You can most likely find her in her room, singing an off-key one woman version of Les Mis. Follow her on twitter @angtric!