by Amelia Brady

11 of the Best Posters for Your Dorm

By Amelia Brady - Jul 28 2016

Dorm decorating is one of the best ways to express yourself in college. How you choose to represent yourself can say a lot about your identity. To help you choose what you’d like to put on your dorm room walls, we’ve put together a list of some cool poster ideas and some examples to get you started!

1. Art/Painting Posters

These can say a lot about what artists and styles of art you like. This one is Still Life: Vase With Twelve Sunflowers by Van Gogh.

AllPosters.com
        •        

2. Posters of Your Hometown

These can help with homesickness and are great for when you need a little touch of familiarity. Find this one here

AllPosters.com
  • 3. Poster for a Favorite Book or Movie 

These kinds of posters can be great when you’re first making friends because they can be amazing conversation starters! Find this Harry Potter poster here

AllPosters.com

• 4. Posters of Favorite Quotes 

These can remind you to stay true to who you are, as well as provide some encouragement for when college life gets difficult. This poster can be found here.

AllPosters.com

• 5. Photography 

Photos are excellent for expressing mood and can really set the tone for your dorm room! Here is a link to this poster!

AllPosters.com

6. Celebrities/Bands/Role Models 

These kinds of posters can also be a good way to start conversations and can help you find things in common with the people on your floor! Here is a poster of J Biebs for all the beliebers out there!

AllPosters.com

7. Places 

Whether you’ve travelled all around the world or leaving your town for the first time, keeping posters of the places you’ve been or would like to go can help bring back happy memories and keep you motivated to try new things! Check out this poster of London!

AllPosters.com

8. DIY Posters 

If you’re crafty or just have some free time before you go off to college, DIY posters can help you personalize every aspect of the poster. There are tons of ways to do this, but here’s one example: 

DIY: Watercolor Band Poster by Tara E. on YouTube

9. Designs 

Maybe you want your room to have a specific look that requires coordinating posters. The more aesthetically-inspired among us can get patterned posters! (Or you can frame a swatch of fabrics to make a classy design poster!) Find this cool aztec print poster here.

Zazzle.com

10. Humor 

Funny or comical posters can show off your fun, quirky side and help break the ice with new roommates! Here's a link to this awesome cat poster!

AllPosters.com

11. Chalkboard or Dry Erase Board 

If you’re still having trouble deciding what posters to put on your walls, you can choose something you’ll be able to change every day! Having a dry erase board with a cork board attached is a great way to display pictures and write daily inspirations for yourself and your roommates! You can find these at most office supply stores, or follow this link.

Walmart.com

Hopefully these have inspired the interior designer in you! Whichever way you choose to decorate your dorm room, just remember to be yourself and let your creative side out!

Lead Image Credit: Pexels.com

Amelia Brady - American University

Amelia will be a freshman at University of Vermont in 2016!