by Amanda Morrison

The Political App That Every College Student Needs

By Amanda Morrison - Feb 13 2017

Want to be more politically involved at the touch of your fingertip? There's an app for that.

Countable lets you keep track of current legislation in the House and Senate and how your Congress members are voting on it. Not only does it give you real-time updates, but you can also voice your opinion on the issue, and the app will send your opinion to your local representatives.

This is a great way for students to make sure their voices get heard. Here's an e-mail from a Representative that a Countable user recently received:

Submitted by Alec Hilton

The app lets you vote on issues such as Presidents being required to publicly disclose their federal tax return, the repeal of the EPA's "Stream Protection Rule" and whether or not you agree with the Senate confirmations of Trump's Cabinet nominees. 

Not only can you post your "yea" or "nay" vote, but you can justify why you do or don't support something. You can also follow friends and family on the app to see their opinions on issues. This app is a great way for college students to stay up to date with current political policies and events, while also making sure you voice your opinion on the issues to your Congressmen and women. Click here to download the app and make your voice heard today.

Lead Image Credit: Alexander PA-C via Twitter

Amanda Morrison - Temple University

Amanda Morrison is a freshman at Temple University studying Global Studies and Strategic Communication with minors in Community Development and Spanish. Her favorite past activities include being a nationally ranked debater and inspecting cocoa beans in Tanzania. Amanda loves reading, writing and eating Chick-fil-A. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @manders051.