To my former high school teachers, 

I don't really know where to begin or how to say it but, to put it bluntly, you were right. College is different and I realize I am but one single piece in a larger yet beautifully completed puzzle. Though I have found hurdles in my past quarter and current one, I found ways to persevere and make it through successfully — a large part of this is because of all of you who taught me and inspired me to keep on going. 

To my former music/chorale teacher: It took me a little while, but I finally found the courage to audition for some music programs here on campus. I am now a proud member of the university chorus and I must say, I attribute this partially to you. Rehearsals are two and a half hours long and theory is much needed to keep up. You took me in as a student of yours when I only knew how to sing by ear, but after being in your class for three years, I grew to become comfortable with music theory and most helpful of all, sight reading. Thank you for taking a chance on a girl who loved to sing but had no real "professional" background. 

To my senior year English teacher: You taught me to embrace the weird in literature and always have a goal to find the heart of the writing. My love for English only continued to grow in your class and by the time our last class had come to an end, your passion for the subject and teaching easily confirmed that I wanted pursue English in college as you did (However, I hope you don't mind that I am instead attending your old rival school). Thank you for bringing me out of my shell and giving me advice that, at times, had no relation to English class whatsoever. This article is proof of what you have inspired me to achieve so far. 

And to all the rest of my former teachers, you have each in your own right influenced the way I think, act and carry on in my college career. Without being in your classes and learning from you, I can honestly say I would not be where I stand today. Although many of you may never read this, I appreciate everything you have done and miss you all dearly. What you do matters and without a doubt not only touches others, but forever impacts your students. You made class entertaining, informative, thought provoking, but most of all, inspiring. 

Thank you for teaching me.