Display brownie dessert cake sweet 45202
by Alex Mauriello

7 Dorm-Friendly Desserts To Make This Winter

By Alex Mauriello - Feb 19 2018

I love the beauty of the freshly fallen snow in the winter, but I'm not really a fan of the cold weather. So when I'm not buried under 10 blankets and binge watching Netflix, I like searching online for new recipes to try. The best part about these is that I don't have to run down two flights of stairs to my communal oven; I can make them without ever leaving my dorm room. 

1. S’mores Mug Cake

Photo Credit: Delish

This one is super simple and tasty and will make you long for summers sitting around a bonfire (sorry!).

2. Reese’s Peanut Butter Oreo Bon Bons

Photo Credit: Persnickety Plates.com

These take a little longer to make, but are so worth it. Perfect for a weekend or a rainy day.

3. Mini Cheesecake Cookie Sandwiches

Photo Credit: Spoon University

For when you can’t afford to go to the Cheesecake Factory.

4. Banana Pudding Pops

Photo Credit: Delish

Refreshing, sweet, and ~somewhat~ healthy

For those who have access to a stove:

5. Cannoli Pancakes 

Photo Credit: Delish

Dessert, breakfast or both? My friend and I made these over winter break and they were AMAZING. I would recommend putting the filling in between stacks of warm, smaller pancakes instead of folding it in one larger pancake.

6. Twix Pie

A heavenly concoction of melty, caramel-chocolate goodness

7. Cookie Dough Stuffed French Toast

For those of you that are as obsessed with cookie dough as I am, I would 10/10 recommend. If you don’t have an electric mixer, you can use a wooden spoon.

Be sure to try these out when you're stuck inside on a snow day, or just as a fun excuse to eat and hang out with friends!

Alex Mauriello - The College of New Jersey

Alex is a junior at The College of New Jersey. She loves pizza, her dogs, and using excessive amounts of sarcasm. Follow her on insta @alex_mauriello12