Display aircraft 1362586 960 720
by Zehra Naqvi

5 NorCal Summer Sights to See

By Zehra Naqvi - Jun 04 2017

Many people view California by a couple of locations: Los Angeles, Disneyland and San Francisco. If you're planning on going to a school in northern California or just want some places to put on your bucket list, here are a few. 

1. Big Sur

Pixabay

A remarkable location to view breathtaking sites of California's coast, you can take some hikes that travel along the oceanside, soak in the astounding waterfalls and snap some shots of the incredible California waves. Some places specifically to visit within this park are Pfeiffer Beach and McWay Waterfall. This location is a great way to see the west coast in its summer glory.

2. Yosemite

Pixabay

Stop by this national park to see the world's most astonishing natural sites. In fact, you can see the picturesque Yosemite Falls and the park's iconic Half Dome (shown above). Yosemite is also renown for its insanely giant sequoias in Mariposa Grove, but unfortunately, the area is under renovation until fall 2017. If you want to get a great breath of fresh air and go on an adventure, this is a great spot! Also, you might see some wildlife, such as black bears.

3. Monterey

Zehra Naqvi

Malibu and Santa Monica are beautiful beaches in the respect of their classy restaurants and Los Angeles glamor. However, Monterey has beaches that seem untouched. You can take in the horizon while walking across the soft sand and feeling the ocean breeze with little disturbance. It is a great tourist location with not as many tourists as other California beaches. You may also stop by the Monterey Bay Aquarium, one of the few centers to hold bluefin tuna. Also, if you're too lazy to walk around and just want to grab some food and admire the scenery, you can take a drive down its scenic oceanside views with the 17 Mile Drive.

4. Lake Tahoe

Pixabay

Tahoe may be known for its snow, but it has some incredible activities for the summer. You can do some amazing water sports. The list starts from parasailing to kayaking. This is a magnificent place to check off some summer goal activities for a reasonable price as well!

5. Muir Woods

Pixabay

Located in north San Francisco, Muir Woods is known for its beautiful redwoods with irreplaceable sites. There are great hikes and even tours you may take to get the full experience of this Bay Area treasure. It can get crowded on the weekends but it is definitely worth the early morning arrival!

Lead Credit Credit: Gelling via Pixabay

Zehra Naqvi - University of California, Berkeley

UC Berkeley Student | Staff Writer | Politics Writer